The Surge Of Stabbings: Taken Too Soon

The story of those stabbed in the capital in 2018

By Jasmine Wing

There is no doubt that the shocking statistics on knife crime are disturbing however after visiting the Ben Kinsella exhibition space in Finsbury Library, I was moved by the emotion brought to the surface after watching a short video on Ben Kinsella’s tragic death narrated by his close relatives.

In light of this, I was hoping to find the names of those who had lost their lives this year to knife crime, however this wasn’t easily available. Some of the victims are unnamed and others it is not as straight forward to find on google as I had originally thought. I strongly believe that these names should not be forgotten and just become another number. Below are the tragic and deeply saddening stories of the victims of this increasing, and deeply distressing ‘trend’ in the capital.



Name: Tanesha Melbourne

Age: 17
Died: 2nd April




Name: Kelva Smith
Age: 20
Died: 5th March
Location: South Norwood, South London
Perpetrators: 14-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of a young man who died in a knife attack outside a children’s nursery He is due to stand trial at the Old Bailey on 3 September 2018. Tyrone Farquharson 19 (23.09.1998) of Archer Road, South Norwood, was charged with murder.

The former Ashburton Community School pupil, had collapsed in a south London street with multiple stab wounds at around 5pm. He was walking with cousin when he was ambushed. It is understood that the killing could have stemmed from a long running feud with rivals from a different postcode.

Dorris Oppong, who lives in Eldon Park, which is just metres away from where the attack happened, said she “struggled to sleep” on Monday night after seeing the victim collapse in the street. The 40-year-old said: “I saw it all last night. I saw him collapse and it was horrible. One witness said he saw the victim’s body lying in the road as his devastated family stood nearby.

Police officers and paramedics battled to save the 20-year-old, but he was pronounced dead at the scene in Albert Road.

Name: Kelvin Odunuyi
Age: 19
Died: 8th March
Location: Vue Cinema, Wood Green, North London

Rapper who performed under the name DipDat and was also known as Lampz.

Kelvin Odunuyi was gunned down as he stood with friends at the entrance of the Vue cinema in Wood Green, at just after 12.30am yesterday. Witnesses described seeing two masked men on a moped ride past before one opened fire. “He was with a big group when two boys on bicycles came along shooting – he was hit, it’s a tragedy. I am devastated. “I knew he would be safe at home with me but he went there and now he is dead. Another mother is grieving, enough is enough, the government needs to act to stop the bloodshed.”

He was pronounced dead in hospital two hours later.


Name: Joseph Williams Torres
Age: 20
Died: 14th March
Location: Forest Road, Walthamstow.

A young man was shot dead in north-east London in the second fatal gun attack in the capital in a week. Police were called to reports of shots fired in Forest Road at 9.30pm. Officers and medics found him suffering from a gunshot injury. He was treated at the scene but pronounced dead at 10.45pm. There have been no arrests.

Joseph Williams Torres was sitting in a car in Walthamstow, east London, when he was approached by a gunman who fired several shots through the window. The former Waltham Forest college student, who had studied carpentry, was treated at the scene in a car park on the Essex Close estate but died en route to hospital.

Witness Kelly Lowing said: “I heard terrible screaming – it was so loud. There was the boy outside in the ground who was screaming, they were desperate cries. “The ambulance came and was working on him. It was terrifying and horrible.” Lecturer James Sodimu said: “There were loads of young boys running around the estate. They were obviously chasing someone. “They were covering something with plastic bags, it looked like they were concealing weapons. It was very frightening.” Another witness said: “He was chased down through the estate – he nearly made it home. We are all totally shocked.”

Name: Lyndon Davis
Age: 18
Died: 15th March
Location: Nash Road, Romford.

Scotland Yard said police were called to Chadwell Heath at about 10.30pm on Wednesday after reports of an assault in Padnell Road. The man was then found with stab wounds in nearby Nash Road.

He was taken to hospital by medics but was pronounced dead in the early hours of the morning.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed that the victim died at 1.16am in hospital, having been taken there for treatment by paramedics from the London Ambulance Service.

The neighbour said: “I’ve lived here 40 years and there’s been four or five murders in this little bit. “It is just sad that the boy was so young.”

One man has been arrested in connection with the investigations.

For Lyndon’s Go fund me page click here.

Name: Russell Jordan Jones
Age: 23
Died: 17th March
Location: South Street, Enfield.

A murder investigation is under way after a man was found shot and stabbed in north London. The victim, who was in his late 20s, was discovered in a street in Enfield just after midnight early on Saturday. He died at the scene half an hour after police were called to reports of shots being fired. He was found in South Street with stab wounds and a gunshot wound. Emergency services were called at 12.40am to South Street in Enfield on March 17 and found two seriously injured men who were treated by paramedics.  Despite their efforts Russell Jordan Jones died as a result of his injuries and was pronounced dead at 1.14am. The pair had been with friends outside shops on South Street, near Scotland Green Road at around 12.34am, when they were attacked. Mr Jones, was in his final weeks at the University of Hertfordshire.

“There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.”


Name: Tyrone Silcott
Age: 41
Died: 18th March –  08:45am.

Location: Towpath walk, Hackney
Perpetrators: Rowmando Lewis, 28 (09.03.1990) of Cunningham Avenue, Enfield was charged on Wednesday, 21 March with the murder of Tyrone Silcott.

Police were called to Towpath Walk by the River Lea after he was found injured at around 8.16am.

Mr Silcott was pronounced dead at the scene at 8.45am. Detectives believe he was attacked after a row at a nearby private party. Detective Inspector John Marriott of the HMCC leads the investigation and said: “Our initial enquiries have established that an altercation has taken place involving the victim and the suspect who had both attended a private party at the location. It is thought an initial dispute has started inside the party but this has spilled on to the towpath by the River Lea where the victim has been stabbed.”


Name: Hersi Hersi, who lived as a trans woman called Naomi. 

Age: 36
Died: 18th March – at 10.50am
Location: Heathrow Palace in Haslemere Avenue, Hounslow

Perpetrators:  Jesse McDonald, 24, of Haslemere Avenue, Hounslow, was charged with the murder of Mr Hersi and a 17-year-old girl was charged with assisting an offender.A 17-year-old girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged with assisting an offender. She was released on bail and will appear at the Old Bailey on 17 April.

She was pronounced dead at the scene 30 minutes later.


Name:  Balbir Johal 

Age: 48
Location: Marlborough Rd, Southall  Perpetrators:  Hassan Mohammed – 23 (18.10.94) of Clarence Street, Southall and Yassin Yussuf – 21 (09.12.96) of no fixed abode.

An investigation was launched after a 48-year-old man was admitted to a west London hospital suffering stab injuries at approximately 17:20hrs on Monday, 19 March. He died a short time later.


Name: Jermaine Johnson

Age: 41
Died: 19th March – 9.50pm
Location: Vallentin Road, Walthamstow

The 41-year-old victim was found with stab injuries at about 9.50pm in Vallentin Road in Walthamstow. He was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.

Name: Beniamin Pieknyi

Age: 20
Died: 20th March
Location: Stratford Centre, East London

The Romanian is believed to have jumped in to the fight in a bid to save his friend during the altercation at the Stratford Centre in east London. The 20-year-old, who only arrived in Britain two months ago, died in his best friend’s arms after being chased and stabbed by a gang in the busy shopping centre.


Name: Abraham Badru 

Age: 26
Died: 25th March
Location: Ferncliff Road, Hackney


Name: David Potter

Age: 50
Died: 27th March
Location: Tooting High Street, South-West London

Police were called to the flat above Prime Food and Wine in Tooting High Street at around 2.45pm after concerns were raised about his welfare. Officers forced entry at 3.12pm and found Mr Potter’s body. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as an incised wound to the neck. A 44-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on 28 March before being released on bail.


Name: Reece Tshoma

Age: 23
Died: 29th March
Location:  Plumstead, London.  Perpetrators:

Reece Tshoma, from Barking, was stabbed in the neck on Thursday (March 29) before being driven to a hospital by a friend. Police believe Reece was attacked near Nathan Way, which runs from near Plumstead station to Thamesmead. He died later the same day in hospital. A post-mortem examination concluded the stab wound caused an internal haemorrhage.







Name: Hasan Ozkan
Died: 3rd February 2018
Age: 19
Location: Abbey Road, Barking, East London.

Hasan was home for the weekend from University, and had told his parents “he was handing out CVs to get a weekend job so he could help our family like we helped him”. He was the oldest of three boys and was studying criminology at Canterbury Christ Church University in Kent. The family, originally from Gaziantep in southeast Turkey, immigrated to the UK in the late 1990s having lived in North Cyprus since 1976.

It was a Saturday evening in February, at approximately 22:11hrs. The police were called to reports of a stabbing in Abbey Road in Barking. Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service to find 19-year-old, Hasan Ozcan fighting for his life after enduring suffering multiple stab wounds. It has been said he was cornered and then brutally stabbed. A witness said the 19 year old screamed for help as he was repeatedly knifed before collapsing in a car park.

DCI Larry Smith, who is leading the investigation, said: “A young man appears to have been deliberately singled out by what we understand was a group intent on causing him serious injury.” The 19-year-old screamed ‘help me’ after being attacked next to a football field. Neighbours desperately tried to help but unfortunately, like many others, Hasan did not make it to the hospital, he was pronounced dead at the scene at 22:55hrs.

On Friday, 16 February, a 15-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man were arrested at addresses in Dagenham and Hornchurch on suspicion of the murder of Hasan however they have since been bailed to return on a date in mid-March. On Wednesday 21 February, a 18-year-old man was arrested in Barking on suspicion of murder but he also has since been bailed to return on a date in mid-March.

The family have told Turkish media they are deeply unhappy with the local authorities for failing to take preventative action before Hasan’s killing and their lack of support since. Talking to Eurovizyon a day after the stabbing, Hasan’s uncle Fadıl Sönmez claimed the teenager was targeted before by the same people they suspect of killing him. The report states that the young man had been cut across his head with a long knife, and although his assailants had been arrested, they were released due to a lack of evidence.

Name: Kwabena Nelson – #standtogetherforkobi
Died: 3rd February 2018
Age: 22
Location: St Mary’s Close, Tottenham, North London
Perpetrator: Neron Quartey, 20 (22.03.97) was charged with murder, aggravated vehicle taking and driving without insurance. Quartey is due to stand trial at the Old Bailey on 30 July 2018.

Kawabena, known by his friends as Kobi, was a youth worker who devoted his life to steering youngsters away from gang crime. Mr Nelson’s family is originally from Ghana and he worked for a Haringey-based award-winning project which tackles gang problems.

Kobi, was ambushed just yards from his home in Tottenham. At 1:28am police, paramedics and London Air Ambulance were called to St Mary’s Close, a quiet street off Hartington Park. They arrived at the seen to discover the 22-year-old man had suffered multiple fatal knife wounds. Sadly, Kobi was another young man was pronounced dead on the streets of London in 2018.

For Kobi’s go fund me page please click here.

Name: Sabri Chibani
Died: 11th February 2018
Age: 19
Location: Hopton Road, Streatham Hill, South West London
Perpetrator: Ronny Padilla, 23, (14.1.95), of Hopton Road, Streatham, was arrested at the scene and charged with murder on 13 February. He is due to stand trial at the Old Bailey on 2 July 2018.

The Italian teenager, Sabri Chibani had come to London from Italy in hope of a better life. He followed his brother to London in November in search of a job and was said to be working as a bar tender. Mr Chibani graduated from the Marconi Industrial Technical Institute last year with a diploma in electronics.

Sabri was attacked and stabbed in the chest inside a house near Stretham Common, we can only assume after the incident he left the property to seek help. He staggered outside before collapsing in Hopton Road. Police were called at around 3.50pm to reports of an injured man. Upon arrival they discovered that a 19-year-old had been stabbed. Officers provide first aid the fatally wounded 19-year-old and awaited the arrival of London Air Ambulance but he could not be saved. His brother pleaded with him to stay alive as he battled to save his life in front of horrified onlookers. Despite efforts from police and the London Ambulance Service, the man died nearly an hour later. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 4.39pm in broad daylight.

Name: Promise Nkenda
Died:14th February 2018
Age: 17
Location: Goldwing Close, Canning Town, East London
Perpetrator: Two youths, both aged 17, are charged with the murder of Promise Nkenda

The teenager from North Woolwich was stabbed repeatedly and found lying in the street at Goldwing Close, Canning Town, on Wednesday night.

Officers were called by the London Ambulance Service shortly after 20:00hrs to reports of a male suffering stab injuries on Goldwing Close, E16. Police and paramedics fought to save the victim for up to 40 minutes. Emergency services were alerted to the stabbing shortly after 8pm. Reports on social media suggest the boy was run over by a car before a gang chased him and stabbed him.

“We believe the 17-year-old victim has lost his life following a sustained and possibly targeted attack” Acting Detective Inspector Perry Benton said.

Just thirty eight minutes later, Promise was pronounced dead at the scene at 20:38hrs.

A car was later found abandoned in Freemasons Road near the junction with Victoria Dock Road, E16, and officers believe this was linked to the earlier incident. The car – a black BMW estate – had been stolen from Vaughan Road, E15 around two hours prior to Promise’s murder.

Name: Lewis Blackman (aka ‘Dotz’) #DotzWorld
Age: 19
Died: 18th February 2018
Location: Logan Place, Earls Court, Kensington
Perpetrator(s): A 16-year-old boy [C] was charged with murder on Wednesday, 28 February. A 17-year-old boy [B] and a 16-year-old boy [E] were charged on the same day with murder and violent disorder. A 16-year-old boy [G] was arrested on Monday, 5 March and charged with murder on Tuesday, 6 March.

Mr Blackman, an aspiring rapper had attended a party in a Kensington street, just like any other teenager. Officers on patrol were responding to reports of a large number of vehicles in Logan Place, W8.

Lewis Blackman was found by police with fatal stab wounds on Logan Place in Kensington in the early hours Mr Blackman, from Camden, was given first aid after he was found injured at 03:20. It was thought that two different gangs who were at parties near each other had clashed in the street. Witnesses saw one group of men chasing another, smaller group. They administered first aid prior to the arrival of London Ambulance Service. Despite extensive efforts to revive him, the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 03:46hrs. A post-mortem examination was held on Monday, 19 February and gave the cause of death as a stab wounds to the chest.

27th February: The five males – [B] 17; [C] 16; [D] 16; [E] 16 and [F] 16 – were all arrested on suspicion of murder at addresses in north and east London – all five remain in custody.

15th March: Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of 19-year-old Lewis Blackman in Kensington have charged a fifth person. On Wednesday, 14 March [F] a 16-year-old boy was charged with murder and possession of a bladed article. He was remanded in custody to appear at Wimbledon Magistrates Court today, Thursday 15 March. He will next appear at the Old Bailey on Friday, 16 March.

[B] a 17-year-old male was charged with murder and violent disorder on Wednesday, 28 February.
[C] a 16-year-old male was charged with murder on Wednesday, 28 February.
[E] a 16-year-old male was charged with murder and violent disorder on Wednesday, 28 February.
[G] a 16-year-old male was charged with murder on Tuesday, 6 March.

Two other teenagers – aged 19 [A] and 16 [D] – have been released under investigation.

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Cranwell is leading the investigation. He said: “We know there was a party at a nearby address on Earls Court Road around the time of this incident. We are still working to establish any link, but it does mean the area would have been busy with vehicles and pedestrians at the time.

Tributes were today being paid to the teenager on Twitter: “One of the funniest guys if you know dottz you know how funny he was, Rest Up Easy My bro,” said one. Another tweeted: “There’s no Camden without Dotz. I’d always see this guy posted somewhere in the ends on his bike. It’s not going to be the same.”

Name: Rotimi Oshibanjo
Age: 26
Died: 19th February 2018
Location: Halliday Square housing estate, Southall, West London.
Perpetrator: Mark Tyrone Thomas, 39 was arrested at the scene (he is remanded in custody until his plea hearing at the Old Bailey on May 11th). Mr. Thomas of Halliday Square, Southall was charged with murder on 21st February at Ealing Magistrates’ Court.

On Monday 19th February, the police were called to a property reports of a ‘disturbance’ in Halliday Square around 3:30pm in the afternoon. When the police arrived at the scene they had found the young male had been stabbed. An air ambulance was called to the scene and joined paramedics in treating Rotimi’s stab wounds, however Rotimi was only alive for 35 mins and did not make it to a hospital, the 26-year-old was sadly pronounced dead at the scene at 4.05pm.

Rotimi used to make music under the name ‘Slasha D’, and featured on SB.TV.

He was supposedly stabbed by his own brother, a video on YouTube from one of his friends said ‘R.i.P Rotimi oshibanjo aka slasha D stabbed to death by his brother in southall, 19.2.2018. Another black male sadly loses his life to a knife,in London making him the 18th Black male to be stabbed to death this year alone,this case is not related to a gang murder,merely a family dispute which obviously just ran out of control and resulted in this poor young man losing his life,in the one place he should of felt the most secure from any one doing him harm,but unfortunately in 2018,your own home is not the refuge it once was for our precious Black race.’

More info here.

Name: Sadiq Adan Mohamed
Age: 20
Died: 20th February 2018
Location: Queen’s Crescent, Camden, North London.
Perpetrators: Isaiah Popoola, 18, was charged on Sunday evening with the murders of Abdikarim Hassan, 17, and Sadiq Adan Mohamed, 20, in Camden on Tuesday. Ben Drummond, 18 (09.09.99), of Ingestre Road, NW5, was charged on Thursday, 1 March with the murders of Abdikarim Hassan and Sadiq Aadam Mohamed in Camden on Tuesday, 20 February. He also charged with grievous bodily harm and attempted grievous bodily harm on two victims aged 17 [GBH] and 24 [attempted GBH] that took place at Aldenham Street, Camden on the evening of Tuesday, 20 February.

Sadiq Adan Mohamed was at Middlesex University studying business and working part-time in Tesco. Until his life was taken, he was attacked in the middle of the road by a gang of four wielding a samurai sword. The gang then fled on foot leaving Saqiq on the ground. Sadiq had left a voicemail to his mum saying “I’m wounded”. Cops were called to Kentish Town, North London, at 8.30pm and found the injured teenager just yards from a memorial to a 19-year-old boy who was killed on Sunday. Paramedics battled to save his life.

A resident said: “I heard a scream, a loud scream and I went to my window and he had been slashed with a samurai sword. “People were screaming for towels, to throw down more and more towels, I threw out four. “The blood was gushing out and people were desperately trying to stop it.”

Another added: “There was blood everywhere and he was holding his abdomen to try and stop the bleeding. “The ambulance didn’t come for about half-an-hour and the police were trying to resuscitate him, just pumping pumping pumping.”

Mrs. Abdi watched her son dying in the street from afar after she was refused permission to pass the police cordon. Her fear that it was her son was confirmed when she called his mobile and heard it ringing from inside the crime scene. “But the police refused to let me see my son at the scene, after a while someone came to see me and said Sadiq was dead”.

“I’m feeling pain. I can’t sleep even, I can’t sleep tonight, We came to this country for peace and we found only blood.” His mum Fowsiya Abdi said he had been threatened with a Rambo knife just two months previously.

He was pronounced dead 90 minutes after the teen was seen dying in the street by own mum. The 20 year old boy was hacked to death with a samurai sword 300 metres from Banadir Gate. It has linked as part of a tit-for-tat feud between gangs dominated by youths of Somali origin. His brother Mohamed Aadam was killed last September in Camden Town while their cousin, Mohamed Abdullahi, was stabbed to death in 2013.

Reports suggested up to six stabbings had taken place within the space of a few hours on Tuesday night.

Name: Abdikarim Hassan
Age: 17
Died: 20th February 2018
Location: Bartholomew Road, Camden, North London

At around 20:30hrs, officers were called to Bartholomew Road at the junction with Oseney Crescent, Camden, and found a 17-year-old male – later identified as Abdikarim Hassan – suffering stab wounds. He was on his way back home from college when he was stabbed. Hassan came to the UK from Somalia when he was two years old and was the eldest of six children.

The mum of Abdikarim Hassan, 17, recognised his jacket as she saw people desperately trying to save the teenager who had been stabbed outside a shop in Camden, north London, on Tuesday. Neighbour Layla Awod said: “She (Abdikarim’s mum) said (to the police) that jacket looks like her son’s and can she have a look if it’s her son and they refused,” Ms Awod said. “She called his mobile and it was ringing and that’s when she realised that it was her son, and they refused to let her in.”

He died in the street, despite paramedics fighting to save him.

One local resident, who didn’t want to be named, said that Abdikarim had been playing football just before he was killed. She said: ‘The boy was playing football on the green just after 7pm. I see him playing football every day and going to school, and he went to the shop to get a drink. ‘I heard there was blue van and someone jumped on him, and he got stabbed. His mum saw him die. What do you say to someone who just watched their child die? He’s 17 – he’s just a baby. He was never rude, he was lovely.


Name: Steve Narvaez-Jara #justiceforSteveNarvaezJara
Age: 20
Died: 1st January 2018
Location: Bartholomew Court, Old Street, East London.

Steve was out enjoying his New Year’s Eve, like most teenagers that night, at a house party in Old Street. Whilst most people expect New Year’s to be filled with joy and happiness Steve Narvaez-Jara was faced with anything but. It was the early hours of 1st of January, we can only imagine in a room filled with friends, alcohol and music until a fight broke out and Steve was stabbed in the chest. At around 02:35am the police were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS). Neighbours at the block of flats recall the sounds of his tearful friends wailing in anguish as paramedics rushed to stem the bleeding. One said: “I heard some girl shout out, crying, ‘Oh, he’s been stabbed’.” Steven Narvaez-Jara did not make it back home that night, at 03:26am he was pronounced dead at the scene.

It was said to be his 21st birthday two days after the fatal event, an age where the world is your oyster, and you should be able to have fun with friends, girlfriends, parties and so on, but Steve won’t be able to do those things. Narvaez-Jara, from Ecuadorian, had a bright future ahead of him and was studying physics and aerospace at the University of Hertfordshire to further his dream of becoming a pilot, but his life was suddenly taken from him on the first day of 2018.

The family of Steve Frank Narvaez-Jara said: “Someone has taken away our only beautiful son and brother without thinking about the pain and sadness that it has caused our family and friends, especially his two-year-old sister and two older sisters aged 15 and 16, they all loved him unconditionally. We pray to God that Steve’s death brings knife crime to and end.”

Name: Oluwadamilola Odeyingbo
Age: 18
Died: 9th January 2018
Location: Empress Drive, Chislehurst, Kent

On the evening of Tuesday 9th January Oluwadami Odeyingbo, had reportedly got into an ‘altercation’ which led to him being stabbed. The police were called to the scene after reports of fight at around 9pm that evening. The 18-year-old was found injured in a front garden on Empress Drive.

A witness said “It is very sad seeing how they worked on him. They did CPR on him. They brought him out and all I could see was his socks.”

He was treated at the scene by paramedics from the London Ambulance Service and was rushed to a South London hospital. Sadly, the teen passed away at around 10am the following morning. The family had traveled from Nigeria to the U.K in search of a better life, but this young boy’s life was taken here, on the streets of the capital.

Name: Harry Uzoka

Died: 11th January 2018
Age: 25
Location: Old Oak Road, Shepherd’s Bush, West London.
Perpetrator: George Koh, 24 of York Way, Camden, N7, Merse Dikanda, 23, of no fixed abode and Jonathan Okigbo, 23 of Trevithick House, Kentish Town, NW5. Koh had prior offenses pertaining to drugs and assaulting police, while Okigbo had nine offenses. The trial date is set for July 9, and the defendants have to enter a plea by April 4.

Harry Uzoka was a British male model that has walked the runways and appeared in editorials signed to agencies such as Next Los Angeles, IZAIO Management Berlin, Uno Models Barcelona, Premier Model Management London and Fusion Models New York. One of his first breaks in the model world was in 2010 where he appeared in an editorial for the February issue of i-D Magazine that was called Harry. Click here to see an incredible video which gives you a sense of how bright Harry’s future was. I didn’t know Harry but watching the video, knowing that he is no longer on this earth to fulfil his modelling career in the way he should of been able to is deeply saddening. Click here to see a portfolio of his career.

Harry had just returned from a holiday in St. Lucia where he celebrated Christmas and New Year. The popular British-Nigerian model, has been said to have had a dispute over a girl and had exchanged messages via Instagram about engaging in a fight to resolve it with fellow model George Koh.

On Thursday 11th January Harry and another friend, who has not been named, were said to be carrying ‘metal pipes’ to the ‘arranged’ fight. However what Harry didn’t know is that George Koh and Jonathan Okigbo were armed with machete-like knives. Harry was chased by the attackers, but sadly was unable to get away, he was stabbed three times in the heart in Ollgar Close. He managed to stagger to Old Oak Road where he collapsed before emergency services were called to the scene, near his home in West London, at 3.55pm. London Air Ambulance crew desperately tried to save the young, talented boy’s life but just over an hour after the emergency services arrived Harry was he pronounced dead (5pm).

Mr. Koh turned himself in to the police on Monday, saying that he acted in self-defense.

Leomie Anderson, Mr. Uzoka’s ex-girlfriend and a fellow model, shared an emotional post about the tragedy.

The model Jourdan Dunn posted a photo of Uzoka on Twitter with the caption: “Rest in Paradise Young King.”

Name: Yaya Mbye
Died: 28th January
Age: 26
Location: George Downing Estate, Stoke Newington, East London

It was a cold Sunday evening in January, but for Yaya Mbye and his relatives, it turned out to be a night they will never be able to forget.

At 23:34pm the police were called by the London Ambulance Service to the George Downing Estate, off Cazenove Road in Stoke Newington. Yaya Mbye was said to have been chased through a housing estate before being attacked by three men and repeatedly stabbed. It is believed he had staggered to the children’s play area and collapsed. One 24-year-old passer-by frantically tried to save Yaya’s life. She had tried to stem the flow of blood with her coat as Mr Mybe lay dying. “There was blood all over him. I took off my coat to and pressed it where there was blood but there seemed to be a lot of wounds so it was impossible to stop it” she explained. He was taken to an east London hospital in the hope to save his life but sadly he was pronounced dead at 00:32hrs.

Detective Chief Inspector Gary Holmes, who leads the investigation, said: “This is a tragic incident which has led to a young man losing his life”.

No arrests have been made.

Name: Juan Olmos Saca

Died: 29th January 2018
Age: 39
Location: Atwell Road, Peckham Rye, South London.

In the early hours of the morning, Juan Olmos Saca, from Southwark, had got into an argument at a property in Atwell Road where he was stabbed in the chest. The police were called to the scene at 2.30am he was rushed to hospital in a critical condition. Unlike the other stories, Juan Olmos Saca recovering from the stabbing may have seemed somewhat likely, but after six days of fighting for his life he sadly passed away.

Six men were arrested at the scene. One man has been charged and five others have been released with no further action.



About Breathe News 255 Articles
Breathe News provides reactionary commentary on various aspects of contemporary culture, focusing on the misdeeds of political figures, the actions of governments, and global economic inequalities. We address socio-political issues through the use of multimedia content to tell a story from all angles. Breathe News aims to implement and promote change by informing our readers about a given problem and appealing to people's sense of justice. An informative, entertaining news site propelling social impact during turbulent times.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply